By MICHAEL GINGOLD
As the sequel to the modern-classic zombie epic heads for release, North American distributor Well Go USA is offering artistically oriented fans the chance to win some hot merch. A new poster for the movie has also been unveiled.
Coming to theaters this summer, PENINSULA continues the saga begun by director Yeon Sang-ho in TRAIN TO BUSAN, and stars Gang Dong-won, Lee Jung-hyun, Lee Re, Kwon Hae-hyo, Kim Min-jae and Koo Kyo-hwan. The synopsis: “Four years after South Korea’s total decimation in TRAIN TO BUSAN, the zombie thriller that captivated audiences worldwide, acclaimed director Yeon Sang-ho brings us PENINSULA, the next nail-biting chapter in his postapocalyptic world. Jung-seok [Gang], a soldier who previously escaped the diseased wasteland, relives the horror when assigned to a covert operation with two simple objectives: retrieve and survive. When his team unexpectedly stumbles upon survivors, their lives will depend on whether the best—or worst—of human nature prevails in the direst of circumstances.”
The art contest opens next Monday, June 29 and runs through July 27, with the winner announced August 4. Well Go is offering the first-place winner the following prizes:
- Survival Kit Package consisting of a bandana, hand sanitizer, water bottle, candle and box
- PENINSULA branded T-shirt
- Signed poster
- $250 Amazon gift card
The second-place winner receives the Survival Kit, T-shirt and poster, and third place gets the T-shirt and poster. The guidelines are as follows:
- Artwork should be related to PENINSULA or TRAIN TO BUSAN.
- Artwork should be submitted as either a .jpg or .png file (landscape or portrait layout).
- Must submit artwork to email@example.com to be considered.
- All artwork must be 100% your own. Please do not use copyrighted content.
- Please note that by submitting your artwork, you give Well Go USA permission to use said art for marketing, advertising and promotion.
- Feel free to use #PeninsulaFanArt when posting on social media.
- To enter the international contest, post and use #Peninsula_Artwork