“BONE CHILLING… A Singular Blend Of Creepy Atmosphere And Gruesome Shocks!” – All Movie Guide
Blue Underground has just unveiled the full disc specs, special features, and cover art for their upcoming release of Gary Sherman’s 1981 cult classic, DEAD AND BURIED. Check out the full details and peep Blue Underground’s signature lenticular covers below!
Something very strange is happening in the quiet coastal village of Potters Bluff, where tourists and transients are warmly welcomed… then brutally murdered. But even more shocking is when these slain strangers suddenly reappear as normal, friendly citizens around town. Now the local sheriff (James Farentino of THE FINAL COUNTDOWN) and an eccentric mortician (Academy Award® winner Jack Albertson of WILLY WONKA & THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY) must uncover the horrific secret of a community where some terrifying traditions are alive and well… and no one is ever really DEAD & BURIED.
Melody Anderson (FLASH GORDON), Lisa Blount (PRINCE OF DARKNESS), and Robert Englund (A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET) co-star in this genuinely chilling horror hit written by Ronald Shusett and Dan O’Bannon (ALIEN), directed by Gary A. Sherman (POLTERGEIST III), and featuring ultra-grisly gore effects by Oscar® winner Stan Winston (JURASSIC PARK). In honor of its 40th Anniversary, Blue Underground is proud to present DEAD & BURIED in an eye-popping new restoration approved by Director of Photography Steven Poster, ASC (DONNIE DARKO), scanned in 4K 16-bit from its 35mm IP, with Dolby Vision HDR and Dolby Atmos audio, and packed with exclusive new and archival Extras.
- Audio Commentary #1 with Director Gary Sherman
- Audio Commentary #2 with Co-Writer/Co-Producer Ronald Shusett and Actress Linda Turley
- Audio Commentary #3 with Director of Photography Steven Poster, ASC
- NEW! Audio Commentary #4 with Film Historians Troy Howarth and Nathaniel Thompson
- NEW! Behind the Scenes of Dead & Buried
- NEW! Dead & Buried Locations: Now & Then
- NEW! Murders, Mystery, and Music – Interviews with Director Gary Sherman and Composer Joe Renzetti
- NEW! The Pages of Potters Bluff – Interview with Novelization Author Chelsea Quinn Yarbro
- Stan Winston’s Dead & Buried EFX
- Robert Englund: An Early Work of Horror
- Dan O’Bannon: Crafting Fear
- Theatrical Trailers
- NEW! Poster & Still Galleries
- Steven Poster’s Location Stills
BONUS! DEAD & BURIED Original Motion Picture Soundtrack CD by Joe Renzetti
BONUS! Collectible Booklet with new essay by Michael Gingold
The 40th Anniversary 4k release of DEAD AND BURIED will be available for pre-order starting June 15th with an anticipated street date of July 15th. For exclusive interviews with Gary Sherman, Blue Underground founder Bill Lustig, and more, grab a copy of RUE MORGUE #199 Mar/Apr in our online shoppe.
Is that a physical poster it comes with?