Universal Orlando Resort reveals more gruesome details about the impending terror that awaits guests brave enough to face HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS 2022 – including the six horrifying original concepts that complete this year’s lineup of 10 haunted houses, 5 sinister scare zones and 2 live shows. The event kicks off Friday, September 2 and runs select nights through October 31.
As the world’s premier Halloween event turns 31 this fall, a haunting conglomerate of unfathomable experiences inspired by traditional Halloween elements and some of guests’ worst fears come to life. In this year’s collection of original haunted houses and scare zones – unleashing everything from vengeance-seeking pumpkins and witches to twisted trick-or-treaters and grotesque bugs to prey upon guests.
Here’s an overview of the experiences coming to Universal Orlando’s HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS 2022:
6 spine-chilling and unnerving stories set to envelop guests in original haunted houses where they will:
- Enter an unsettling 1920s speakeasy only to discover that they are the main ingredient of witch’s brew in “Spirits of the Coven”
- Face a putrid, skin-crawling infestation of spiders, roaches, flies, bees and more in “Bugs: Eaten Alive”
- Escape or become prey to a no-longer mythical, fanged creature in “Fiesta de Chupacabras”
- Attempt to survive visiting hours for horrifying monsters serving time in “Hellblock Horror”
- Endure a petrifying winter thunderstorm in a seaside village ruled by an undead fisherman in “Dead Man’s Pier: Winter’s Wake”
- Encounter bloodthirsty mutants living in a post-apocalyptic subway system in “Descendants of Destruction”
These original experiences complete the lineup of 10 terrifying haunted houses coming to HALLOWEEN HORROR NIGHTS 2022, which also include “The Weeknd: After Hours Nightmare,” “Halloween,” “Universal Monsters: Legends Collide” and “The Horrors of Blumhouse.”
There’s nowhere to hide in the streets of Universal Studios Orlando as hordes of menacing creatures from Halloween’s past infiltrate 5 all-new scare zones, where guests will:
- Encounter The Pumpkin Lord and all his devious subjects in “Horrors of Halloween”
- Reap the wrath of scarecrows who will stop at nothing to harvest their souls in “Scarecrow: Cursed Soil”
- Experience a terrifying 1950s Halloween parade-gone-wrong alongside bloodthirsty trick-or-treaters in “Sweet Revenge”
- Venture through an ominous Halloween thunderstorm within a ghastly cemetery in “Graveyard: Deadly Unrest”
- Escape an evil sorceress bringing forth an army of ravenous monstrosities in “Conjure the Dark”
When guests need a break from the scares, they can enjoy 2 brand-new, outrageously entertaining shows:
- “Halloween Nightmare Fuel Wildfire,” the sequel to last year’s fan-favorite “Halloween Nightmare Fuel” show featuring the world-famous performance group, “The Fuel Girls” – highlighting a new Dreamer in the depths of a new nightmare set to a heart-pounding metal, rock and electronica score.
- “Ghoulish! A Halloween Tale,” an all-new show taking place in the Universal Studios lagoon that follows the Grim Reaper on the undertaking of what happens beyond the grave – all set to eerily-remixed music by some of today’s most iconic artists.
All tickets and vacation packages are on sale now at Universal’s website. Due to popular demand, event nights are expected to sell out and tickets should be purchased in advance. Those looking for more room to escape the horrors of the event are encouraged to visit on weeknights or in early September. Don’t miss out on this scare-tastic event!