By AARON VON LUPTON
A decade ago, Rue Morgue covered PHILOSOPHY OF A KNIFE (2008) in the Gore-Met’s legendary column. This modern day Men Behind the Sun is an extreme, shocking and disturbing depiction of the experiments performed by the Japanese Unit 731 on the Chinese population during WW2. Now director/composer Andrey Iskanov and Alexander Shevchenko’s score to the film has been released for the first time on vinyl through Spikerot Records. Industrial music meets flickering piano ballads and beautifully distressing soundscapes across this record’s 17 tracks. More details below, but first check out the soundtrack in this official premiere.
• Mastered for vinyl by Carlo Altobelli at Toxic Basement Studio
• First time ever on vinyl with unreleased tracks, pressed on 2xLP plus a bonus CD
• Housed inside an exclusive Gatefold jacket • Includes in-depth liner notes by director/composer Andrey Iskanov and composer Alexander Shevchenko
• Artwork by Solo Macello Available in two variants:
• 400x “Rising Sun Flag” (Solid White)
• 100x “Unit 731” (Milky Clear w/ Red Splatter) Spikerot.com Exclusive