By KACI HANSEN
Using an oven-safe bowl and a little bit of foil, this savory pull-apart bread gets a morbid makeover and is served in the shape of a human brain! This is the dessert version – see the savoury recipe in RUE MORGUE issue #186 or watch it below on RUE MORGUE TV!
For the dough:
- 1 Cup warm water
- 3 Cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 teaspoons instant yeast
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2 Tablespoons nonfat dry milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
For the coating:
- 1/2 Cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3/4 Cup salted butter
- Follow steps 1-4 of the Savory Brain Pull-apart Bread.
- In a large food storage bag, combine the granulated sugar and cinnamon. Place dough pieces in bag, and shake to coat. Arrange pieces in pan.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter and brown sugar; stir until sugar has dissolved. Pour over the dough pieces in the pan (you may not need all of the mixture).
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, just until it begins to brown. Remove from the oven, and allow to cool for at least 15 minutes before inverting onto a serving platter.
Watch the Homicidal Homemaker make Savory Brain Pull-Apart Bread on RUE MORGUE TV!