By MICHAEL GINGOLD
Sam Raimi’s most recent horror feature DRAG ME TO HELL is getting the full Collector’s Edition treatment from Shout! Factory for its Scream Factory Blu-ray line, and the complete specs have just been released. See ’em after the jump, along with the cover art.
The DRAG ME TO HELL disc will street February 13, featuring new HD masters of both the theatrical and unrated cuts, both derived from the 2K digital intermediate. The synopsis: “Christine Brown (Alison Lohman) is on her way to having it all: a devoted boyfriend (Justin Long), a hard-earned job promotion, and a bright future. But when she has to make a tough decision that evicts an elderly woman from her house, Christine becomes the victim of an evil curse. Now she has only three days to dissuade a dark spirit from stealing her soul before she is dragged to hell for an eternity of unthinkable torment.” Special features are as follows:
DISC ONE (Theatrical Cut)
- Production Diaries with behind-the-scenes footage and interviews with co-writer/director Sam Raimi, actors Alison Lohman, Justin Long, David Paymer, Dileep Rao and Lorna Raver, special effects guru Greg Nicotero, director of photography Peter Deming and more (35 minutes)
- Vintage interviews with director Sam Raimi and actors Alison Lohman and Justin Long (33 minutes)
- TV spots
- Theatrical trailer
DISC TWO (Unrated Cut)
- NEW “To Hell and Back”: An interview with actress Alison Lohman (12 minutes)
- NEW “Curses!”: An interview with actress Lorna Raver (16 minutes)
- NEW “Hitting All the Right Notes”: An interview with composer Christopher Young (17 minutes)
- Still gallery
Retail price is $34.93, but you can pre-order DRAG ME TO HELL at the Shout! Factory website for $28.43 and have it shipped two weeks early, and receive a free 18×24” rolled poster of the new cover art, while supplies last.