By MICHAEL GINGOLD
Charles Bronson made a career out of exterminating human vermin, and confronts his most perverse enemy yet in 10 TO MIDNIGHT, a Cannon Films serial-killer psychothriller headed for Blu-ray next year. Read on for the complete specs and cover art.
Shout! Factory issues 10 TO MIDNIGHT on hi-def disc January 22 on its Scream Factory label. Directed by J. Lee Thompson, it casts Bronson as LA detective Leo Kessler, tracking a maniac (played by Gene Davis) who bloodily slays his female victims while in the nude. Lisa Eilbacher, Andrew Stevens and veteran actors Geoffrey Lewis, Wilford Brimley and Robert F. Lyons also star in the film, presented on the Blu-ray in a new 1.85:1 4K scan of the original negative. Special features are:
- NEW “Charlie’s Partner”: an interview with actor Andrew Stevens
- NEW “Producing Bronson”: an interview with producer Lance Hool
- NEW “Remembering Bronson”: an interview with actor Robert F. Lyons
- NEW “Undressed to Kill”: an interview with actress Jeana Tomasina Keough
- NEW Audio commentary by writer/historian Paul Talbot (the BRONSON’S LOOSE! books)
- Audio commentary by producer Pancho Kohner, casting director John Crowther and film historian David Del Valle
- Theatrical trailer
- Radio spots
- Still gallery
Retail price is $34.93; you can pre-order it for $28.43 from the Shout! Factory website, and get a free 18x24” rolled poster featuring the new cover art while supplies last.