By MICHAEL GINGOLD
The 2020 edition of the Canadian horror fest is taking over Super Channel Fuse with a solidly scary schedule of fright flicks.
Blood on the Snow will air 10 features and four shorts programs between October 28-November 7. The fun begins on the 28th with Justin G. Dyck’s ANYTHING FOR JACKSON, starring Sheila McCarthy and genre veteran Julian Richings as elderly Satanists whose reverse exorcism goes awry, and it closes on the 7th with Anthony Scott Burns’ chilling dreamscape thriller COME TRUE (reviewed here). The complete lineup:
- Wednesday, Oct. 28 at 9 p.m. ET: ANYTHING FOR JACKSON (dir. Justin G. Dyck)
- Thursday, Oct. 29 at 9 p.m. ET: SHALL WE PLAY? (dir. Ann Forry)
- Friday, Oct. 30 at 7 p.m. ET: BLEED WITH ME (dir. Amelia Moses)
- Friday, Oct. 30 at 9 p.m. ET: HALL (dir. Francesco Giannini)
- Saturday, Oct. 31 at 7 p.m. ET: HAIL TO THE DEADITES (dir. Steve Villeneuve)
- Saturday, Oct. 31 at 9 p.m. ET: FOR THE SAKE OF VICIOUS (dirs. Gabriel Carrer, Reese Eveneshen)
- Sunday, Nov. 1 at 7 p.m. ET: A SERIES OF WEB BITES–a feature-length program highlighting the best Canadian horror and sci-fi digital programming
- Sunday, Nov. 1 at 9 p.m. ET: DARK VISIONS–a feature-length program of the darkest, creepiest, and weirdest short films at BITS
- Monday, Nov. 2 at 9 p.m. ET: FUNNY FRIGHTS–a feature-length program of horror comedy shorts
- Tuesday, Nov. 3 at 9 p.m. ET: EMERGING SCREAMS–a feature-length collection of new or first-time genre directors
- Wednesday, Nov. 4 at 9 p.m. ET: BLOODTHIRSTY (dir. Amelia Moses)
- Thursday, Nov. 5 at 9 p.m. ET: THE RETURN (dir. BJ Verdot)
- Friday, Nov. 6 at 9 p.m. ET: PARALLEL MINDS (dir. Benjamin Ross Hayden)
- Saturday, Nov. 7 at 9 p.m. ET: COME TRUE (dir. Anthony Scott Burns)
- Saturday, Nov. 7 at 11:30 p.m. ET: Stay tuned for The Bloodies, the 2020 BITS awards show where we give out awards to the top Canadian genre films of 2020!
Many of the features have accompanying short films as well. For more info, head over to Blood in the Snow’s official website.