By: MADDI MCGILLVRAY
There are several different kinds of haunted attraction visitors. There are the ones that can bravely look terror in the face and conquer their deepest, darkest fears. There are some that try to mask their fear with laugher. And then there are those who need to run for the nearest emergency exit long before the experience is over.
No matter what type of thrill seeker you think you are, Bingemans’ all new terrifying Screampark concept is sure to make even the most veteran haunted attraction-goers the latter.
Gone are the days of Spreampark’s multiple haunts with breaks for guests to regain their composure before the next horrifying experience. This year, Canada’s scariest haunted attraction is changing the formula with a non-stop terrifying thrill ride. The new prolonged experience will challenge guests to brave the following 9 gruesome “testing sites”:
- Waiting Room – Are you waiting to be seen or are you already being observed? Don’t lose your focus in a magazine in this waiting room.
- Preparation Penitentiary (Testing Area #1) – See where you might end up if you can’t handle the testing ahead.
- Quarantine Zone – You’ve made it through the first test but now you must be quarantined. What does that mean? Only the Examiners know your fate.
- Experimental Grounds (Testing Area #2) – The Examiners have their own twisted agenda and will use this area to decide whether you’re worthy of their warped experiments.
- The Dietary and Claustrophobic Test – Good news – you’ve passed the first half of testing. This is your one and only chance to take a breather and perhaps indulge in some of Screampark’s questionable delicacies and fluids. You’ll also have the chance to face a terrifying fear: being buried alive.
- Ocular Observatory (Testing Area #3) – Are your eyes playing tricks on you? The Examiners will be thrilled to check for you. They’re oddly invested in your optic health.
- Pitch Path – This is not your average walk in the park. Your hearing will be assaulted and you won’t know if you’re imagining the sounds until an Examiner is right beside you.
- The Maze Trials – Is your memory still intact? Good. Time to make your way out of the maze.
- The Final Experiment (Final Testing Area) – Are you ready to face civilization? The Examiners will let you meet those who have failed the Experiment but watch out – they might not let you leave.
The haunting will begin on September 28th and continues through to the 29th and October 5th to 7th, 12th to 14th, 18th to 21st and 23rd to 28th. Also happening this year is the growing fan favourite Zombie Paintball Hunt on On October 12th, 13th, 19th, 20th, 26th and 27th.
Ticket prices are $25 for weekday visits (Monday to Thursday) and $30 for weekends (Friday to Sunday). Click here to purchase your tickets… that is, if you’re brave enough.
Want a preview of the frights that await you?