- FDBK on Episode 150: FIVE SLEAZY PIECES – STEPHEN THROWER
- DEADLINE on Episode 150: FIVE SLEAZY PIECES – STEPHEN THROWER
- Dirk Manning on Episode 147: THE TWILIGHT ZONE VOL. II
- David Goulet on PREVIEW: GHOULISH GARY’S ART FOR CREEPSHOW VINYL
- David Goulet on JACK’S BACK! NEW BIG TROUBLE IN LITTLE CHINA COMIC
Tag Archives: Trash
A wall of dusty VHS tapes, a well-worn copy of Psychotronic magazine, or a leopard print skirt in a musty thrift shop are all great metaphors for Lindsay Denniberg’s artistic temperament. Her comedy-horror-romance Video Diary of a Lost Girl (featured in this Blood on a Budget entry), was one of my favourite films of last year, loudly displaying Denniberg’s interests with its neon settings, punk soundtrack and obsession with both sleazy and classy cinema alike.
I could go on to revere her unique vision and applaud her appreciation for horror trash, but I’ll let her speak for herself.
To quote Sara Lee, “Some people don’t like some things, but nobody doesn’t like… brain-eating zombies!” Alright, not word for word, but zombies have always been a popular horror staple, especially in our household. From Romero’s series to Shaun of the Dead, right up to the recent TV adaptation of Robert Kirkman’s The Walking Dead, the “deceased and mobile” have been a regular fixture in Emma’s “education”. That’s why, for our next film, I decided we should fill in one of the crucial blanks in her zombie repertoire: Dan O’Bannon’s cult classic horror-comedy, The Return of the Living Dead.