Rue Morgue Podcast, Uncategorized

Episode 098: JOHN HYAMS VOL. II

on December 28, 2012 | 6 Comments

Here it is – the remainder of my interrogation with John Hyams, director of Universal Soldier 4: Day of Reckoning – one of the most insane, blood-curdling American action flicks ever concocted.

On January 22nd, Sony Pictures will release it on DVD and Blu-ray.

You can listen to part one of the interview here:

To subscribe in iTunes…

Open iTunes > Hit the ADVANCED tab > select SUBSCRIBE TO PODCAST > and in the window that pops up, enter the following URL:

Then hit OK > And watch as all the episdes of the podcast automagically appear in your iTunes podcast folder!

Tags: John Hyams, universal soldier day of reckoning

Responses to Episode 098: JOHN HYAMS VOL. II

Okay, you and Hyams did your jobs. I’m now dying to see this movie. Is it really as good as you made it sound???

It’s not my job to sell the movie…..that’s perhaps John’s job.

My job is to find interesting people (Lance exluded) to get on the podcast….and in this case, I had so much fun with Mr. Hyam’s berzerk action flick that I had to get him on the show.

However I’m curious what you think of it…..

Unfortunately, we’ll both have to wait a few weeks to find out.

Quick question:

In this podcast did you say there was an unrated director’s cut? Because I went to buy the flick today and it was rated R, so I didn’t pick it up. If that’s all that’s available, I’ll probably grab it. But if there’s an unrated version, I’d obviously rather have that.

After some quick researching (a.k.a. Googling), it appears that the only US release so far IS the cut up R-rated version, which is disappointing.
    I guess I’ll just watch this via Netflix, and wait to buy it until the uncensored version is available . . . if that ever happens.

Apparently there’s region free ones – but yeah – as you’ve figured out, the U.S. one is R.

Very odd decision – but there you have it.